If interested in this opportunity, please email your resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com. Please include links to any social channels or blogs you generate content (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogs). NO PHONE CALLS.
Essential Function: Develop and guide the marketing strategies for all Chicago Metropolitan Association for the Education of Young Children (Chicago Metro AEYC) products and services to build our brand and position in the early care and education field.
We are seeking a self starter with excellent writing credentials to develop content for a full range of marketing materials in print, online and video.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist functions as the primary online marketer who manages the design, content, SEO, and production of the website as well as the creation and management of all email and direct mail campaigns.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Specialist also manages the development, engagement, and implementation of the social media strategy.
- Marketing and audience development
- Maintain the marketing database
- Implement strategic online marketing and distance learning plans
- Integrate video and web conferencing solutions
- Create and execute creative, email marketing campaigns.
- Manage a corporate web site using a content management system
- Develop and maintain website content.
- Organize and write clear, concise, and compelling copy for multiple marketing channels
- Write blog topics and responses on our forum and others in the community
- Research and analyze current marketing and communication trends to keep organization on the forefront
- Represent the organization at community events
- Assist the team with various tasks such as print collateral development, surveys, sales programs, product development and service programs.
- Writes occasional public relations pieces such as letters to the editor, press releases, public service announcements and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
- Proficiency in desktop publishing programs such as Quark/InDesign, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro as well as PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Proficiency in HTML web design (at minimum) and content management systems, HTML5 a plus!
- Experience with Drupal
- Excellent Internet communication skills, including knowledge of social media platforms.
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a deadline-sensitive environment while maintaining high-quality work product
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to work independently within a team environment and lift 45 lbs