If interested in this position please email your resume to Dr. Terry Steinbach
with the subject Line RE: Game Day IT Support
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31, 2012Job Description Summary
: The Chicago White Sox are looking for candidates to assist in Game Day IT support. The IT support will act as a technical help desk prior to and during the game. The majority of the help will be user related problems as opposed to system related problems, mainly supporting the Press Box, Broadcast booths, and photographers. You will report directly to the IT personnel at the White Sox. You must be available to work nights and weekends as required by the White Sox home baseball schedule.Responsibilities
• Aid in all types of IT issues in various areas of the ballpark.
• Assist in supporting visiting press, broadcasters, photographers, and White Sox game day employees as needed for computer or phone issues. This will entail answering basic questions and helping users:
o Connect to the wireless system
o Use of the VOIP telephone system
o Settings on PC/Laptops or MAC’s
• “Roam” ballpark during games to check specific areas to verify users are operational.
• Informing IT staff, by phone or email, of any major computer network or phone system issues and await instructions.
• Log and document all requests and actions to provide record for the IT staff.
• Load new PC/Laptops with Office 2007 and other basic software.Qualifications and Experience
• Knowledgeable with Windows XP, MS Office2007, MAC, and PC/Laptop hardware skills
• Basic wireless and networking knowledge required
• Available for all night and weekend White Sox home games for the 2012 season.Salary:
$100 per game (approximate 5 hour shifts, depending upon length of game)