CDM Admission is happy to assist international students with the I-20 application process. International students are not required to submit a visa application prior to the review of their application.
International students requesting an I-20 must submit current (no earlier than 6 months prior to entry term) financial Documents which included:
- Original Bank Statement indicating available funds totaling $38,680 US Currency. This amount will increase to $39,640 US Currency for those students admitted beginning January 2014.
- Complete an Affidavit of Support if funds are from a source other than the applicant.
- A photocopy of your passport or I-94 card.
- A permanent international address.
- Available funds must be in Savings, Checking, Certificate of Deposit, or Money Market accounts only.
- Please note that if you are including a dependent(s) on the I-20, your bank statement must include an additional $5,000 for the first dependent and $4,000 for each additional dependent.
- All requests for an I-20 will be processed within 10 business days of receiving all of the above documents and an admission decision.
If you are transferring from another US college, university or institution, in addition to items 1-4 above, you must also complete and submit the Transfer Release Form
and provide us with a copy of your current I-20.
We cannot accept faxed or copied documents. Once we have the documents we need and a decision has been made on your application, the I-20 will be completed within 7-10 business days.