Jobs at CDM
CDM regularly hires faculty and staff, using this page to announce job offerings. Faculty openings are for full-time and adjunct appointments, as CDM prizes the mix of academics and professionals from the worlds of computing and digital media. Job postings describe the positions and desired qualifications in applicants. We welcome you to visit this page regularly.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, DePaul University provides job opportunities to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Full-Time Faculty Positions
Adjunct Faculty Positions
There are no open full-time faculty positions at this time.
DePaul University's College of Computing and Digital Media seeks qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated professionals to join the teaching faculty. Individuals are needed for both day and evening graduate and undergraduate classes. Academic courses run 10 weeks each quarter; certificate courses vary in length. Opportunities are available for individual and team teaching and for individual class sessions on specified topics. The majority of courses are offered at DePaul's Loop campus. A limited number of courses are offered at campuses throughout the Chicago area.
To be considered, submit a cover letter stating area of expertise along with a curriculum vita or resume including technical experience, employment history, educational background and teaching experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on CDM, visit www.cdm.depaul.edu. DePaul University is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Director, the Academic Advisor will deliver academic advising services to new and continuing CDM students and provide support to new and existing programs and services within the CDM Academic Success Center.
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Support faculty advising and provide academic advising and administrative services to continuing CDM students including, but not limited to: academic curriculum review and course sequence planning; provide academic advising and support retention efforts for special student populations, including on-line learning students; academic progress assessment; help students utilize DePaul and CDM on-line academic management tools; review of DePaul and transfer institution transcripts; referral to University resources; and University policy interpretation and assistance with the petition processes related to policy exceptions.
- Assist with new and existing programs and services within the CDM Academic Success Center, including, but not limited to: new student orientation; academic probation; degree conferral process; and exam administration.
- Participate in special events as sponsored by the College, the Office of Admissions, and other University offices; such as: academic advising week, academic success and career workshops, commencement ceremony, family weekend, open houses and student recognition events.
- Participate in professional development activities, technology training, and serve on College and University committees.
- Assist the Director with other special assignments, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For more information visit the HR website.
Work with the CDM Development team on iOS application development. Candidates should also be able to design and create production quality visual elements (icons, graphics, and color palettes). Student may also be asked to work on other platforms if needed.
Graduate Student (Assistantship may be available for qualified Grad Students)
Experience with iOS Development
Able to work 20 – 25 hours a week (35 available during Summer)
Ideal candidate would also have an interest in UI development. Please email your resume / portfolio to Anthony Zoko.
The Digital Youth Network (DYN) is a youth media initiative housed at DePaul University. DYN currently works directly with over 2000 middle school and high school aged youth throughout Chicago. Our goal is to support youth in developing a rich digital literacy skill set to prepare them to be engaged and empowered citizens in an age where digital media is an integral part of all aspects of personal, professional, academic and civic life. In addition to providing direct services to youth through schools, libraries and after school programming, DYN is responsible for the design and development of innovative digital tools to enhance the learning experiences of youth.
The iRemix Social Learning Platform, currently in private beta with the social venture Remix Learning, was conceived and incubated at DYN. DYN is leading the development of social learning applications connecting to the iRemix platform as well as other prominent web services. In addition we are exploring development in the mobile and location based space as well.
DYN is looking to expand its team to include DePaul undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about leveraging technology and social media to make an impact on society. 15 hours per week, rate of up to $15 per hour dependent upon experience.
Responsibilities: The Junior Developer will join a small DYN team responsible for the design and development of small to mid-sized social learning applications for the web and mobile platforms.
- Development experience in one or more: PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience working with RESTful API's
- Preferred experience with JQuery or Prototype
- Preferred experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Interest in leveraging existing web services (Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, etc) for innovative learning solutions
- Knowledge of social networking, mobile and location based services
- Highly motivated independent worker
To learn more about the position contact Akili Lee at email@example.com.
Course Online (COL) Technician
The Course OnLine Technician is responsible for performing timely & thorough maintenance of highly specialized COL teaching facilities and providing efficient and effective technical support to faculty and students in the teaching facilities at the College of CDM, DePaul University.
This position reports to the OnLine Learning Operations Manager and the Technical Director at the College of CDM.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Other Job Related Information:
- Performing thorough maintenance in COL teaching facilities to ensure high quality OL recordings
- Troubleshooting hardware/software related issues, finding timely and effective solutions
- Providing prompt, courteous, and detailed telephone helpdesk support as well as in-class support for students, faculty, lab assistants and campus administrators
- Closely monitoring the OL lecture recordings remotely, using the provided tools and facilities in the assigned office space; effectively and efficiently troubleshooting combined with prompt follow ups towards any issues that may arise during the course of the assigned shift
- Providing immediate assistance for COL lab related issues at College of CDM facilities
- Periodic monitoring, maintaining, and providing technical support to faculty in faculty offices
- Monitoring and patrolling the COL teaching facilities
- Effectively communicating with other team members to ensure that the OL recordings are continuously monitored
- While monitoring, immediately communicating to managers any issues affecting the quality of the OL recording and ensuring follow up
- Performing a thorough ‘Quality Check’ of OL recordings, analyzing and reporting
- Effectively communicating daily maintenance or troubleshooting issues and their resolution (including follow ups, if any) as well as other important notifications, through precise, comprehensive and structured reports sent to the entire OL Team
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
- Proficiency in Windows Operating systems and applications
- Knowledge of Mac OS is a strongly preferred additional skill
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting ability
- Experience in installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Prior technical support experience strongly preferred
- Highly motivated independent worker
- Able to work well with daily deadlines and other time constraints
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Able to handle/move/relocate computers and related equipment and able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Preferably not enrolled in more than 2 classes per quarter
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA and currently be enrolled in classes at DePaul
- CDM Graduate student strongly preferred
- Must be available to work on either campus, for at least 20 hours per week
- Must be able to work shifts ranging from 8:00 AM through 10:00 PM, Monday through Sunday
To learn more about the position contact Aditi Bopshetty.