Military Students

Military Students

DePaul’s College of Computing and Digital Media is committed to assisting students who have served in the military or are currently serving. CDM offers a variety of learning options tailored to fit the needs of military students.  With 10 masters programs offered completely online and 15 that can be completed either online or on campus, students will find the flexibility needed to successfully earn a degree. Undergraduate students will find 12 programs that can be completed on campus, with a multitude of concentrations available.

As a student in CDM, we encourage you to speak to our faculty, staff and students to determine what program would best meet your needs. There are over 200 courses to choose from and CDM is committed to providing the skills you will need in the professional world. DePaul CDM welcomes all military students to our programs. Call us at 312.362.8714 or email the admission office if you have questions about our programs.

To begin your process, apply online.

Undergraduate student applications are reviewed by the Office of Undergraduate Admission.  All documents should be sent to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission
1E. Jackson
Chicago, IL 60604

Graduate students are reviewed by the CDM Admission Office. In addition to the standard application materials, military students should submit on official copy of their military record.

DePaul University is a participant in the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program, which will cover almost all tuition expenses for veterans who qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill at 100 percent of the benefit. Students are eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program if they served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months or you were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001 or you are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI bill based on veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above. 

Please note that in most instances, in order to receive a housing allowance for living expenses a student must be enrolled full-time in on campus courses.

Learn more about Veterans Financial Aid at DePaul University. To speak to someone about military financial aid, please contact Megan Burda.

The Office of Financial Aid can assist you with a variety of forms that need to be submitted for the GI Bill. The forms you will need to submit are as follows:

• FAFSA-Free Application for Federal Student Aid
• Veteran’s Affairs Educational Benefits Form
• Copy of your Certificate of Eligibility
• Copy of your DD214

All Financial documents except the FAFSA should be sent to:

Megan Burda
Office of Financial Aid
DePaul Center, Room 9100
1 E. Jackson Blvd
Chicago, IL 60604