Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 and CDM
To better assist CDM students with technical support issues, we encourage you to contact one of the two support teams as follows:
- Computing, Data Science, Gaming, Information Systems, Networking, Security and User Experience students should email firstname.lastname@example.org during the following hours:
- Animation, Design, Film, Screenwriting, and Television students should email email@example.com during the following hours:
- Support Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 8:30pm
- Saturday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Don’t worry about emailing the wrong group, they will route any issues to other team members as needed.
DePaul University will continue to update their
COVID-19 Updates and Guidance page. Please visit that page for the most current information and a list of
The FAQ below answers questions more specific to CDM. We will continue to update this page with more information. Please email
Elly Kafritsas-Wessels if you cannot find the answer to your question below.
Labs and Student Resources
Will DePaul’s facilities at Cinespace be open during Spring Quarter? Will the shuttle to and from Cinespace run?
- DePaul Cinespace Studios is not open during Winter Quarter final exam week or Spring Break. Cinespace will only be open to faculty and staff in the Spring Quarter. The Cinespace stages, the grip truck, stage packages, and the Advance Camera Vault equipment will not be available for the duration of Spring Quarter.
- The shuttle will not be running during Winter Quarter final exams and during Spring Break. After that, the shuttle will operate on a limited schedule for DePaul faculty and staff only.
Will I still be able to check out gear from the Loop Equipment Center (The Cage) or Cinespace?
My class(es) require the use of specific software I do not own. What do I do?
Classes and Academics
How do I get updates on my spring classes?
All DePaul classes will be delivered remotely during Spring Quarter. Class locations on Campus Connect are being updated to reflect this change. If you are searching for a class in Campus Connect, you can filter on online courses to see courses that were traditionally online. Classes that have been recently moved online because of the COVID-19 health crisis can be found by filtering under “Remote."
In the event that a course has requirements which do not allow it to run effectively online, that class will be canceled. Though we do not anticipate many classes cancellations, students will be notified by the end of spring break (March 27) if a class they are enrolled in during Spring Quarter has been canceled.
- Make sure the email address you use regularly is the same address you have registered on Campus Connect.
- Check your email every day and read all communications from DePaul and from individual instructors.
- Check your D2L site for any updates on your spring quarter classes.
What if a class I registered for in the spring quarter has been canceled?
Can I take a proctored exam?
Will the LA Quarter still run in Spring and Summer quarters?
Can I still schedule an appointment with a CDM tutor?
Will I still be able to meet with a CDM advisor?
Events and Activities
Are CDM events canceled?
All university-sponsored events, either on or off campus, are postponed or canceled until further notice. For event related questions please email
Is Commencement canceled?
On March 27, DePaul announced that in light of the current public health emergency, which likely will continue in the foreseeable future, and our concern for the health of our students and others in our community, we will not be holding traditional in-person ceremonies this May and June. Instead, we are planning a series of virtual ceremonies and looking for other ways to honor all our graduates. Please visit the Commencement 2020 Updates website for the most current information.
I am interested in visiting DePaul. Can I still tour CDM or Cinespace?
The University has suspended all tours until further notice. Please check back for updates.
Will there be any effect on the graduate admission process or deadlines for prospective or newly admitted students?