Master of Science fall 2012-2013
The MS in Software Engineering
provides students with skills that are widely applicable, highly in demand and richly rewarded. Software engineering is a discipline concerned with the processes, methodologies, techniques, and tools of developing high-quality software systems in a cost-effective manner. The Software Engineering program emphasizes the best software engineering practices, current methodologies, emerging technologies, and their applications. It also emphasizes the development of communication and presentation skills in a team-based software development environment. The Software Engineering curriculum encompasses all important aspects of software engineering, including:
- Software engineering processes
- Requirements engineering
- Software architecture and design
- Software construction, software testing
- Software maintenance
- Software configuration management
- Software project management
- Software quality assurance
Graduates of the program will have acquired:
Online Learning Options
- Technical foundations in object-oriented analysis, modeling, architecture, design, and construction
- Communication skills and experiences in collaborative and team-based software development
- Knowledge and skills in software project management, configuration management, and quality assurance
- Knowledge in software development process improvement and experience in agile and iterative software development process
- Technical know-how in developing, integrating, and deploying web-based enterprise applications and service oriented architecture (SOA)
are available for this degree.
Software Development Concentration
This concentration addresses the foundations, methodologies, and tools for developing high quality large-scale software systems, with an emphasis on the technical issues of software development.
Software Architecture Concentration
This concentration addresses the management and design of large-scale software systems.
Project Management Concentration
This concentration addresses the management of the quality of software products and processes and provides coursework in management and measurement techniques.
Gaming and Entertainment Technologies Concentration
This concentration addresses the foundations, methodologies, and tools for developing large-scale computer games and entertainment software systems.
Entrepreneurship & Technology Leadership Concentration
This concentration address the foundations and methodologies of software development combined with knowledge of business environment and finance to prepare for career paths in entrepreneurship or senior technology leadership positions in businesses.
Online Learning Options
All concentrations can be completed entirely online. CDM online degrees are delivered mostly through COL-enabled courses,
although other delivery technologies are also used. If a course is COL-enabled, any student registered in the course has access to the course playback. Students are strongly encouraged to utilize the COL resource wherever available. To complete this degree a student may take any combination of online and on campus courses. For more information on online learning at CDM visit the Online Learning page