CDM offers several ways for students to access the Linux operating system:
- A Red Hat Linux machine in the southeast corner of the CDM 400 lab.
- Two Ubuntu Linux machines in the CDM 659 (LAN) lab.
- SSH access to a cluster of CentOS Linux servers at cdmlinux.cdm.depaul.edu.
To use these resources, follow these steps:
- Activate your CSTCIS account from the following link: https://accountactivate.cdm.depaul.edu/
- Use your CSTCIS account as your Linux account to login either locally or remotely via SSH.
- You do not need to add the "CSTCIS\" prefix to your user name when logging in.
For example, a student with the username "bob" who has the following CSTCIS account:
- Username: bob
- Password: secret
- Domain: CSTCIS
will login to a Linux workstation by using: