Viewing Lectures Online
If you are enrolled in an online section that contains lecture recordings, your course lectures will be delivered through the
OnLine (COL) system. COL records classroom lectures that take place on campus.
The recordings of your class will be available online for students within two (2) hours after the regular class session is completed and will be available for review for one (1) week after the end of finals week. If you downloaded the recordings in an offline format earlier in the quarter they will cease to function one (1) week after the end of finals week.
A link to the recordings can be found on the home page of the D2L course page. In the event D2L is not available, you can access the recording from
The lecture recordings are critical to your success in your studies. They are your window to the classroom and will often serve as a primary source of administrative information in addition to the course content.
COL Playback Options
Lectures can be viewed in an instant online playback mode, or they can be downloaded to your computer/mobile device and viewed offline. Please note that recordings are only available for review for one week after the end of finals week. Students are encouraged to download any materials they may need before this deadline.
CDM provides the following options for viewing and downloading your lectures:
HTML5 COL Player
- Standalone application runs on Windows and Mac, support both streaming and download mode.
- Latest installers:
iOS COL Player
- A native iOS app that lets you view lectures on your iOS.
- COL Player App can be downloaded at
Android COL Player
- A native Android app that lets you view lectures on your Android device.
- Android COL Player App can be downloaded at
Google Play Store
Adobe Flash Player
- A browser-based application for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems using the Adobe Flash plugin.
- Please make sure your browser does not block Adobe Plug-in
If you have any technical difficulties:
- Use the error submission system available on the
COL Support Website; or
- Submit an error ticket through the D2L COL Recording Widget.