2018-2019 Academic Year
The Certificate in Analytics is intended for students who hold a bachelor's degree and wish to gain technical skills in data mining and big data analytics.
In-Class and Online
Not Currently Offered
Two Courses Chosen From
A student in a certificate program may not use a course already taken as part of an MS program. In particular, students with an MS from CDM may not reuse, for certificate credit, any course already taken for the MS. A faculty advisor can make an appropriate substitution. A student in a certificate program may substitute a maximum of two courses.
A student must earn at least C- in each of the five courses and earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 to receive the certificate.
Students who do not have a background in statistical inference, linear algebra and programming will be required to take up to three introductory courses.
Introductory courses can be waived by prior coursework, work experience or successful completion of a Graduate Assessment Examination (GAE) in the Introductory Course area.
The Certificate Program in Analytics has the same admission requirements as the MS in Data Science. After completing the certificate, students have the option to enroll in the MS degree and all courses from the certificate can be applied there.
All applicants must have:
- Successfully completed a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have completed two courses in Calculus
Select Analytics - Certificate under the Program Selection on the DePaul Application.
Steps to Apply
- Complete the online application ($25 application fee).
- Submit a resume.
- Submit official transcripts from all college and universities attended, one of which must show the conferral of a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- U.S. college and university transcripts should be mailed to the address below.
- DePaul alumni/undergraduate students applying for graduate admission must also submit a DePaul transcript. You can
request a free electronic transcript.
Individuals with international transcripts need to order a course-by-course evaluation by one of the three evaluation companies that DePaul University accepts. For more information about this process please visit the
Transcript Evaluation webpage.