Student Ambassador Program
CDM Student Ambassadors are current students enrolled in one of our degree programs and are ready to speak about their experiences and answer questions from prospective students about earning a degree at CDM.
- Must have completed at least one quarter as a student enrolled in a CDM degree program.
- Must have at least one year remaining before graduation.
Areas of Outreach and Expectations for Student Ambassadors
Undergraduate Student Ambassadors
- Must attend and assist with all Admitted Freshman Preview Days (minimum of 3 during the academic year).
- Student Ambassadors are asked to volunteer for at least 1 additional prospective student event per quarter, such as CDM Spotlight Information Sessions and/or any other prospective student visit requests.
Graduate Student Ambassadors
- Must attend and assist with all New Graduate Student Receptions (one each quarter).
- Student Ambassadors are asked to volunteer for at least 1 additional prospective student event per quarter, such as CDM Information Sessions and Graduate Student Open Houses.
All Student Ambassadors will have their picture, program of study, hometown and a quote posted on the CDM Ambassador website. Prospective students email via a secure system, which is sent to student ambassadors’ mail.depaul.edu email addresses. Student ambassadors are responsible for responding to these emails as they arrive.
Student Ambassador Role at Events
- Assist with setup, check-in, other event logistics
- Participating in student panels
- Undergraduate Student Ambassadors will facilitate CDM campus tours
- Interact with prospective and current students and answer questions about your student experience at CDM
Student Ambassadors are required to attend a training session after they are selected for the position. Additionally, quarterly professional development trainings/team meetings are held through the year.
This a volunteer, unpaid position with great rewards, including:
- Build your resume and reference list
- Network with administration, faculty, staff and fellow students
- Develop and/or improve your communication and leadership skills
- Enhance your professional development
- Gain valuable volunteer experience
To be considered for a CDM Student Ambassador position, you must fill out our online application.
You will also be required to submit a brief essay explaining your desire to serve as a CDM Student Ambassador. After completing your online application, please send your essay to:
Your application will be reviewed when all application requirements have been submitted. We look forward to receiving your application!
For More Information
If you have further questions about the Student Ambassador Program or the application process, send us an