Full-Time Faculty Positions
Instructor in Software Engineering
The School of Computing in the College of Computing and Digital Media (CDM) at DePaul University in Chicago invites applicants for a full-time, non-tenure track Instructor position in Software Engineering. Located in the heart of Chicago's vibrant Loop, our Master of Science in Software Engineering program is one of the premier software engineering graduate programs in the Midwest. It features concentrations in software development, software architecture, real-time game systems, and entrepreneurship & technology leadership. We also offer a minor in Software Engineering in our undergraduate program. Further information about the Software Engineering program can be found at www.cdm.depaul.edu/academics/Pages/MSInSoftwareEngineering.aspx.
The primary responsibility of this position is to teach software engineering courses at both graduate and upper-level undergraduate levels. Other responsibilities will include advising students, curriculum development, and developing an out-reach program. Ideal candidates for the position will have an active interest in software engineering education and the state of the art in software engineering practices. Teaching and development experiences in software development and software architecture are required. Candidates must have a MS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related area. A Ph.D. or ABD is preferred.
DePaul draws students of many backgrounds and cultures from a diverse urban setting, thus we are interested in recruiting and maintaining a diverse group of faculty. Members of all underrepresented groups, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are invited and encouraged to apply. DePaul University offers equal employment opportunities to all persons in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. Positions are contingent upon available budgetary resources.
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- Three reference letters. Please list the names and contact information for your references. Your references will be sent a link and instructions on how to upload their recommendation.
Apply at https://facultyopportunities.depaul.edu/postings/1936
Adjunct Faculty Positions
DePaul University's College of Computing and Digital Media seeks qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated professionals to join the teaching faculty. Individuals are needed for both day and evening, graduate and undergraduate classes. Academic courses run 11 weeks each quarter; certificate courses vary in length. Opportunities are available for individual and team teaching and for individual class sessions on specified topics. The majority of courses are offered at DePaul's Loop campus. A limited number of courses are offered at the Lincoln Park campus.
To view the positions available, apply or submit an expression of interest to teach,
visit CDM’s part time faculty opportunities.
DePaul University is an equal opportunity employer.
The hourly grader will provide diverse services as course assistants, which will grade student papers, programming assignments and quizzes. The hourly grader is assigned to one or more CDM faculty. Hourly graders will not grade midterms, final project or final examinations.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Other Job Related Information
- Grade papers, programming assignments and quizzes: Present feedback/information about grades such as deductions. Post grades to D2L in consultation with the assigned CDM faculty by their required deadline (80%)
- Check/Respond to email correspondence with assigned CDM faculty often (15%)
- Meet with assigned CDM faculty during office hours or convenient time, at least one meeting is required (5%)
Position Requirements (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
- Must have excellent Communication Skills, Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel), Preferred
- Must check/respond to email correspondence often, Required
- Knowledge D2L, Preferred
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA and currently be enrolled in classes at DePaul
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, Required
- Ability to make decisions independently and be detail oriented, Required
- Hours are flexible, however must check/respond to email correspondence often and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work at least 10 hours per week.
To learn more about this position or to apply email your resume and student ID number to Amaris Casiano-Zoko at