Full-Time Faculty Positions
Instructor in Computer Science
The School of Computing at DePaul University invites applications for a full-time non-tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Instructor. The appointment is for a one academic year term, with full benefits, and is renewable.
We seek a candidate with a commitment to a high-quality teaching. The candidate will have additional responsibilities including advising students, curriculum development, and other service to the School. Preference will be given to candidates who have, or are close to having, a PhD in Computer Science or related field as well as teaching experience. The minimum requirement for the position is an MS in Computer Science or closely related discipline. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
DePaul's School of Computing is a unit of the College of Computing and Digital Media, an interdisciplinary college with a broad range of innovative programs including Cyber-Physical Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Game Development, Human Computer Interaction, Information Security, Data Science, and Software Engineering. Located in the heart of Chicago's central business district, the school is equipped with state of the art research labs, supports many dynamic interdisciplinary research groups, and offers an opportunity to forge working relationships with industry. The School of Computing includes more than 60 full-time faculty, more than 3,000 undergraduate majors and graduate students and offers Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD programs.
Applicants should have either an MS in CS with at least 10 years of professional experience or a PhD.
DePaul seeks candidates with demonstrated cultural competencies to include teaching, service and research in diverse learning communities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For priority consideration, application materials should be received by May 6th.
Adjunct Faculty Positions
DePaul University's College of Computing and Digital Media seeks qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated professionals to join the teaching faculty. Individuals are needed for both day and evening, graduate and undergraduate classes. Academic courses run 11 weeks each quarter; certificate courses vary in length. Opportunities are available for individual and team teaching and for individual class sessions on specified topics. The majority of courses are offered at DePaul's Loop campus. A limited number of courses are offered at the Lincoln Park campus.
To view the positions available, apply or submit an expression of interest to teach,
visit CDM’s part time faculty opportunities.
DePaul University is an equal opportunity employer.
Media Systems Engineer - 3316
If you are an external applicant apply for this position(s) through the university’s Human Resources office. Go to
https://offices.depaul.edu/human-resources/careers/Pages/default.aspx and click on the “External Applicants” to apply.
If you are
current university employee apply for this position(s) through the university’s Human Resources office.
The hourly grader will provide diverse services as course assistants, which will grade student papers, programming assignments and quizzes. The hourly grader is assigned to one or more CDM faculty. Hourly graders will not grade midterms, final project or final examinations.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Other Job Related Information
- Grade papers, programming assignments and quizzes: Present feedback/information about grades such as deductions. Post grades to D2L in consultation with the assigned CDM faculty by their required deadline (80%)
- Check/Respond to email correspondence with assigned CDM faculty often (15%)
- Meet with assigned CDM faculty during office hours or convenient time, at least one meeting is required (5%)
Position Requirements (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
- Must have excellent Communication Skills, Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel), Preferred
- Must check/respond to email correspondence often, Required
- Knowledge D2L, Preferred
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA and currently be enrolled in classes at DePaul
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, Required
- Ability to make decisions independently and be detail oriented, Required
- Hours are flexible, however must check/respond to email correspondence often and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work at least 10 hours per week.
If you are interested in applying to be a grader for CDM, click