Adjunct Faculty Positions
DePaul University's College of Computing and Digital Media seeks qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated professionals to join the teaching faculty. Individuals are needed for both day and evening, graduate and undergraduate classes. Academic courses run 11 weeks each quarter; certificate courses vary in length. Opportunities are available for individual and team teaching and for individual class sessions on specified topics. The majority of courses are offered at DePaul's Loop campus. A limited number of courses are offered at the Lincoln Park campus.
To view the positions available, apply or submit an expression of interest to teach,
visit CDM’s part time faculty opportunities.
DePaul University is an equal opportunity employer.
The hourly grader will provide diverse services as course assistants, which will grade student papers, programming assignments and quizzes. The hourly grader is assigned to one or more CDM faculty. Hourly graders will not grade midterms, final project or final examinations.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Other Job Related Information
- Grade papers, programming assignments and quizzes: Present feedback/information about grades such as deductions. Post grades to D2L in consultation with the assigned CDM faculty by their required deadline (80%)
- Check/Respond to email correspondence with assigned CDM faculty often (15%)
- Meet with assigned CDM faculty during office hours or convenient time, at least one meeting is required (5%)
Position Requirements (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
- Must have excellent Communication Skills, Required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel), Preferred
- Must check/respond to email correspondence often, Required
- Knowledge D2L, Preferred
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA and currently be enrolled in classes at DePaul
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, Required
- Ability to make decisions independently and be detail oriented, Required
- Hours are flexible, however must check/respond to email correspondence often and in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work at least 10 hours per week.
To learn more about this position or to apply email your resume and student ID number to Amaris Casiano-Zoko at
The Digital Youth Network (DYN) is a youth media initiative housed at DePaul University. DYN currently works directly with over 2000 middle school and high school aged youth throughout Chicago. Our goal is to support youth in developing a rich digital literacy skill set to prepare them to be engaged and empowered citizens in an age where digital media is an integral part of all aspects of personal, professional, academic and civic life. In addition to providing direct services to youth through schools, libraries and after school programming, DYN is responsible for the design and development of innovative digital tools to enhance the learning experiences of youth.
The iRemix Social Learning Platform, currently in private beta with the social venture Remix Learning, was conceived and incubated at DYN. DYN is leading the development of social learning applications connecting to the iRemix platform as well as other prominent web services. In addition we are exploring development in the mobile and location based space as well.
DYN is looking to expand its team to include DePaul undergraduate and graduate students who are passionate about leveraging technology and social media to make an impact on society. 15 hours per week, rate of up to $15 per hour dependent upon experience.
The Junior Developer will join a small DYN team responsible for the design and development of small to mid-sized social learning applications for the web and mobile platforms.
- Development experience in one or more: PHP, Ruby on Rails, Java
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience working with RESTful API's
- Preferred experience with JQuery or Prototype
- Preferred experience with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Interest in leveraging existing web services (Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, etc) for innovative learning solutions
- Knowledge of social networking, mobile and location based services
- Highly motivated independent worker
To learn more about the position contact Akili Lee at