VFX390/490 ADVANCED TOPICS IN VISUAL EFFECTS – VIRTUAL CINEMATOGRAPHY
Want to extend your cinematography and lighting knowledge into the realm of computer graphics, learn truly Cinematic CGI techniques, and upgrade your VFX Skills? If so, this is going to be a fantastic class for you!
An introduction to real world cinematography techniques as applied to CGI (Computer Generated Imaging), VFX, Animation, game design, and virtual worlds. Creative camera and lighting approaches will be explored using MAYA and other CGI Software applications through a variety of digital exercises, including CGI specific framing, lensing, look development, contrast and color, light and shadow, virtual camerawork, light rigging, rendering, and other projects.
Students will be able to:
- Analyze usage of camerawork and lighting in historical and contemporary film.
- Identify real world lighting cues to help guide CG to match live footage for VFX shots.
- Discuss creative camera and lighting solutions for CGI/VFX projects.
- Critique CG cinematography and lighting content.
- Compose, light, and render camera shots for CGI/VFX projects.
- ANI 230 - 3D Design and Modeling
- VFX200 – Intro to Visual Effects
Fall 2020, Section 401, Class# 16128, 4.00 credits
Tu 1:30PM - 4:45PM
Feel free to reach out with any questions!