* Faculty at College of Computing and Digital Media (CDM) in DePaul University since 2000.
* Associate Director of the Cloud Computing Programs and Database Programs of Institute for Professional Development (IPD).
* Master of Computer Science from Northwestern University in 1980
* Bachelor of Commerce in Business Mathematics from Soochow University, Taiwan in 1976.
* More than 25 years of strong IT infrastructure experience along with database administration, data governance, and information management skills in project planning, developing strategies, creating roadmaps, consulting and project management.
* Led the effort coordinating cross functional teams responsible for planning and implementing various business-critical enterprise applications.
* Extended experience in supporting leading Database Management Systems and products.
* Proven success in compliance practice to minimize risk, reduce corporate liability, lower costs, and increase operational efficiency.
New Technology: Cloud Computing, Big Data, Hadoop, NoSQL, Social Media
Data Governance: Compliance, Records Management, Litigation Support, e-Discovery
Information Management: Data Archive, Storage Management, Document Management, E-mail
Database Administration: Oracle, SQL Server, Database High Availability, Disaster Recovery
Infrastructure: Server/Storage/Database Consolidation, Virtualization, Capacity Planning, Process Improvement, Application Sunset, Hardware/Software Decommission
Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop
MongoDB Certified Administrator, Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Oracle DBA certifications (OCA, OCP)
Information Technology Management, Management Information Systems, Databases
Specific Research Area
* Partner with leading Hadoop distributor, Cloudera, to run IPD347/447 Big Data using Hadoop program. Topics include: Big Data, Map Reduce, HDFS, Hive, Pig, Hbase, Sqoop, Flume, Hue, Cloudera Manager, and more.
* Partner with leading NoSQL vendor, DataStax, to run IPD351/451 and IT390 Big Data and NoSQL programs. Both Cassandra administration and development are included.
* Partner with technology consulting firms, leverage crowdsourcing thur DePaul Student participation to jointly develop different projects.
* Big Data Analysis and Information Management
* Database High Availability, Scalability, and Recoverability
* Technology training and professional development
International Oracle Users Group (IOUG), Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS), Microsoft Certified Professional and Trainer