CDM Laptop Loaner Program
To help students who need a computer to effectively participate in academic activities, CDM is offering a Laptop Loaner Program for the 2020-2021 year. A limited number of laptops available for loan include 15-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro and Windows laptops.
How it Works
Students interested in using a CDM loaner laptop must submit a
request form. Requests received by the priority deadline will receive top consideration. Requests received after the priority deadline will be considered on a rolling basis depending on availability of loaner laptops. Students will receive a notification by email
only if their request is granted. The email will include information on how to pick-up and return equipment. Pick-up and returns will be processed through the
Loop Equipment Center.
Period of Loan
The standard period of loan for the CDM laptop loaner program is one academic quarter. Longer periods of loan may be accommodated by special request. Requests for multiple quarter loans will be granted based on student need and available equipment.
Eligible students must be enrolled in a CDM undergraduate or graduate program. Students must be in good academic standing and enrolled in at least one CDM course during the academic quarter in which the equipment will be used.
Students must comply with
the DePaul policies related to the use of software, technology, and data. The CDM computer equipment is intended for educational purposes only and should be used for DePaul related course work. Students may not use DePaul CDM computer equipment for hired work, or in the service of any other company, organization, or person, whether for pay or otherwise. Students may install software on these laptops as needed for academic work.
Please review the
Computer Equipment Loan Access and Use Policy
For the Spring 2020/21 quarter, requests must be submitted at
CDM Laptop Loaner Program Request Form. Students will receive a notification by email
only if their request is granted.
Evaluation of Requests
Requests submitted by eligible students will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- enrollment in one or more CDM courses which require use of a computer with specifications similar to the loaner laptops available
- student financial need
- student’s access to computer technology including on-campus computer labs
- other factors explaining student’s need
- Priority deadline: September 2, 2020 5:00 PM CST
- Notifications: September 8, 2020
- Pick-up begins: September 10, 2020
- Must return by: December 4, 2020
- Priority deadline: November 19, 2020 5:00 PM CST
- Notifications: November 20, 2020
- Pick-up: November 23 through 24 or after January 18
- Must return by: March 19, 2021
- Priority deadline: March 29, 2021 1:00 PM CST
- Notifications: March 30, 2021
- Pick-up begins: March 31, 2021
- Must return by: June 11, 2021