MA | Animation | Technical-Artist
Master of Arts 2020-2021
Technical Artist Concentration
No Introductory Course may be substituted for any other course at any level.
GAM 690ANDGAM 691**|
*Students with 3D animation experience can have the ANI 423 requirement substituted by their Faculty Advisor, and replace it with an Animation Elective.
**Students who take GAM 690 to fulfill their Core Requirements Phase requirements must take GAM 691 as one of their Technical Artist Electives Requirements.
Technical Artist Electives
Students must take at least
4 courses out of the following choices. Students may take these courses before completing their Core Requirements courses. It is recommended that students choose their Technical Artist Elective courses in one of the following areas of focus: Rigging, Animation, Modeling, or Effects.
- Rigging Focus Area
- Animation Focus Area
- Modeling Focus Area
- Effects Focus Area
- Other Available Technical Artist Electives
CDM Open Electives
Students must complete any
8 credit hours from graduate courses from the College of Computing and Digital Media.
Students in this degree program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 52 graduate credit hours in the designated program.
- Complete all graduate courses and requirements listed in the designated degree program.
- Earn a grade of C- or better in all graduate courses of the designated degree program.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students pursuing a second (or more) graduate degree may not double count or retake any course that applied toward the completion of a prior graduate degree. If a required course in the second degree was already completed and applied toward a previous degree, the student must meet with a faculty advisor to discuss a new course to be completed and substituted in the new degree. This rule also applies to cross-listed courses, which are considered to be the same course but offered under different subjects.
- Students pursuing a second master's degree must complete a minimum of 52 graduate credit hours beyond their first designated degree program in addition to any required introductory courses in their second designated degree program.
Students with a GPA of 3.9 or higher will graduate with distinction.
For DePaul's policy on repeat graduate courses and a complete list of academic policies see the
DePaul Graduate Handbook in the Course Catalog.