All students are required to manage their class schedules each term in accordance with the deadlines for enrolling and withdrawing as indicated in the University Academic Calendar.
All students are expected to enroll in courses according to the deadlines posted in the University Academic Calendar. Exceptions to the enrollment deadline are rarely approved. If a student believes he/she has an extenuating circumstance that warrants consideration of an exception, such an appeal may be submitted online via MyCDM.
- Undergraduate students may only enroll in undergraduate courses.
- Undergraduate courses are numbered 000-399
- Exceptions to this policy may only be granted for undergraduate students who have been admitted to a CDM combined degree program.
- Graduate students may only enroll in graduate level courses.
- Graduate courses are numbered 400-699.
CDM does not allow enrollment in closed courses, and students are not allowed to attend any course for which they are not enrolled. Students wishing to enroll in a closed course may elect to add themselves to the course waitlist in campus connect.
- Waitlists allow students to be auto-enrolled in a class as seats become available.
- Auto-enrollment from the waitlist occurs hourly during the first week of enrollment and two times per day until the last day to add a class.
- All waitlists expire after the last day to add a class each term. If not enrolled by this deadline, students are no longer eligible to enroll.
- Students are strongly encouraged to closely monitor their email accounts if they have any waitlisted courses.
For more information on how waitlists work, see DePaul Central.
This policy exists to assist students for whom extenuating circumstances prevented them from meeting the withdrawal deadline. During their college career students may be allowed one medical/personal administrative withdrawal and one college office administrative withdrawal, each for one or more courses in a single term. Repeated requests will not be considered. Submitting an appeal for retroactive withdrawal does not guarantee approval.
College office appeals (for CDM students only) are rare. If a student believes he/she has an extenuating circumstance that warrants consideration of an exception, such an appeal must be submitted online via MyCDM.
The deadlines for submitting appeals are as follows:
- Autumn Quarter: Last day of the last final exam of the subsequent winter quarter
- Winter Quarter: Last day of the last final exam of the subsequent spring quarter
- Spring Quarter: The end of the second week of the subsequent autumn quarter.
- Summer Terms: Last day of the last final exam of the subsequent autumn quarter
For medical/personal appeals, see the see the Dean of Students Office.